Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Summer Memories

Having a Good Ol' Summer Time...

My first summer with two munchkins was a summer to remember. Though my summer was short due to finishing up my master's degree (Whoo Hooo!) and work, Ariyan, Nyla, and I enjoyed spending A LOT of time together.

Nyla (9 months) is now crawling all over the house. She stands on her own but would really like to start running to keep up with her brother! She may be the younger one, but she's the boss in our house!  Yesterday they got into a fight over Daddy's iPhone. While the they were both yelling at each other Amit and I couldn't help but laugh. Guess you have to find the humor in it somehow!



Ariyan switched to big boy underwear today!! We said bye-bye to diapers and had a quick ceremony in front of the garbage can. We'll see how it goes! 
Modeling his Thomas Train Underwear
Soooo Excited!

Ariyan has become not just my toddler but my little friend. I love the conversations we have (mostly about little bunny fufu, spiderman, airplanes, and partying with Simran Didi, Shaan Bhaiya, and "Fini" (Simi).) I think he has enjoyed me being at home a little too much. Every time he wakes up from nap, his first questions are, "Chucke Cheese? Swimming Class? Simran Didi House? and the newest one...Party?"

I'm going to miss our good ol' summer times when I head back to work, but I look forward to meeting my new students!

Here are a few more pictures  from our summer that I have on hand... Check back for new pics!  

The Amazing Chihuly Exhibit at the Dallas Arboretum

"Mommy! So many bananas!"





Cooling off in the heat


Splish Splash!

Getting Dada and Dadi wet!


Amit's Photography skills at work


Hanging out at the Four Season's Resort

             
               My Strawberry in her first bikini
                      
                              From our balcony


Heading to the sand with Dadi (Grandma)!
Nyla and her Nanny
  
Summer Lovin'!



Horsing Around At Home





When iPhone in hand, it doesn't matter what the rest of the world is doing


Ariyan's First Swim Class

Coming back to mommy :(
Hmmm...not too sure about this.
We didn't quite learn to swim but Ariyan did fall for Ms. Laura his swim teacher.  If I asked him to do some puppy digs, no response. If she asked, he started dog paddling away.




2 comments:

  1. Loved all the pictures and updates! Everyone looks so happy! Krish is really into Thomas now too...that is the first underwear he picked out! By the way, Nyla is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Reema! I need more blogging tips so I can make it look as fun as yours. What date Are you finally getting here?!

      Delete